The Community Development program aims to improve living and economic conditions of persons in Target Areas by providing loans and grants for qualified projects that do the following:
- Inhibit the deterioration of property
- Expand and improve the quantity and quality of community services
- Improve arrangement of residential, commercial, industrial, recreational and other necessary activity centers
- Restore and preserve properties of historic, architectural or aesthetic value
- Alleviate physical or economic distress through private investment and community revitalization activation in blighted areas
All activities carried out under the Community Development Plan must located in the specific Target Area defined in the Economic Development Incentive Policy , and all projects must demonstrate that 75% of funding is committed or in hand to be considered for funding.
Projects & Requirements
|Community Development & Revitalization Projects:||* Community Impact Projects |
|Projects led by a community based non-profit developer; new construction, or substantial rehabilitation or renovation of an existing building or facility ||Projects meet specific community need, such as a grocery store, senior-care facility, child-care facility, or health-care facility.|
|* Other project types may be considered if applicant demonstrates a defined service gap.|
Read more about the Community Development incentive.
To apply for the Community Development incentive, please use this application.
If you are unsure and need help determining the best incentive program for your project, please complete our quick and easy Incentives Inquiry Tool.