International Inland Port of Dallas (IIPOD)
Connect to the Market
The International Inland Port of Dallas (IIPOD) is your connection to markets - global, national, regional and local. An intermodal and logistics district that encompasses 7,500 acres and 5 municipalities, the IIPOD is located at the hub of the nation's best logistics transportation infrastructure.
The DFW Region
- The confluence of three major railroad networks (Union Pacific, Burlington Northern-Santa Fe, and Kansas City Southern) puts 98% of the US market within 48 hours by train;
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, the nation's ninth largest cargo airport and only airport with the capacity to double operations in its existing footprint. All major US markets can be reached by air in 3.5 hours or less;
International Inland Port of Dallas
- Direct access to three major interstate highways (I-35, I-20 & I-45) with all major North American markets accessible within 48 hours by truck;
- The Union Pacific Dallas Intermodal Terminal in southern Dallas County provides intermodal access to the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach;
- Foreign Trade Zone 39 and its alternative site management framework allows for "usage-driven" trade zone sites in the IIPOD area. FTZ designation may allow businesses to delay, reduce or eliminate customs duties on some import categories.
City of Dallas
The City of Dallas has invested substantially in infrastructure upgrades in the past decade to facilitate the free movement of goods, enhance utilities, and enable developers to provide shovel-ready sites to prospective users. The market has responded with over 10 million square feet in new construction for tenants in distribution/logistics, retail
The Story of the Inland Port
Over 17,000 people work at the Inland Port, including 7,200 in the Trade, Transportation & Utilities sector. Workforce training is available through several partners, including the Logistics program at Cedar Valley College, located right in the heart of the IIPOD area.
Trammell Crow Company
VanTrust Real Estate
Pioneer Frozen Foods
Corporate Logistics / Distribution
National Tire & Battery
RR Donnelley & Sons
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Third Party Logistics Providers
FedEx Supply Chain